As a council member in District 1, I have been instrumental in collaborating to make our city better. I am proud to serve you on Fayetteville's City Council as the District 1 Representative since November 2013 and currently as the mayor pro-tem. I am running for re-election and asking for your vote. I am extremely proud of our work; we have seen historic growth and investments during this time. Including over $300M in construction projects like the baseball stadium and parks and recreation facilities, airport upgrades, street resurfacing, addressing stormwater and infrastructure. We have worked to expand broadband and become a "Gigabit City to name a few.
Our community has over $500 million dollars coming into it over the next 2-3 years from state and federal governments. We as a city are in the middle of tremendous growth and opportunity and must have steady leadership to achieve the right results for you, our citizens, and future generations.
I believe it is our duty to protect our citizens, enhance our overall quality of life, and create an environment for businesses to thrive. I will continue to deliver quality projects that are on budget and schedule as we look at the completion of the voter-approved parks and recreation bond and the public-private projects.
Boards and Commissions
- Boards & Commission - Chair
- Boards & Commissions Nominating Committee
- City-County Liaison - Chair
- Fayetteville Cumberland Parks & Recreation Bond Committee- Chair
- Fayetteville Cumberland Youth Council (FCYC)
- Gateways & Corridors Committee
- Mayor Pro-Tem
- Millennial Council
- NC Military Affairs Commission (Governor Appointed)
- 911 Joint Task Force
- Core Value Awards
- Cumberland County Civic Center - City Liaison
- Cumberland County Education Foundation
- Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Fayetteville Cumberland Economic Development Commission
- Fayetteville Cumberland Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Fayetteville Cumberland Parks and Recreation Department Liason
- Fayetteville Police Foundation - City Liaison
- Junior League of Fayetteville Holly Day Fair Chair
- Methodist University Reeves School of Business Advisory Board
- Methodist University Visitors Board
- North Carolina Youth Council (Governor Appointed)
- PTA: Long Hill, Pine Forest Middle, Pine Forest High School
- PWC Liaison
- PWC Litigation Committee
- TDA (Tourism Development Authority)
- Youth Ministry President -Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church
Kathy Jensen BIO
Kathy Jensen was elected to serve District 1 on the Fayetteville City Council in November 2013 and re-elected in November 2015, 2017, and 2019. She was born and raised in Fayetteville. A 1983 graduate of Pine Forest High School, Kathy went on to East Carolina University and Methodist College to study business. After college, Kathy joined the family business and worked in the businesses' retail, property management, and financial part. In 1993, Kathy married LTC Jerry Jensen and supported him in his military career through Fort Bragg, Germany, Newport, R.I., and back to Fayetteville, her hometown. When deciding on where to live, Kathy and Jerry wanted to raise their children where she was born and raised. In 2005, Kathy opened An Affair to Remember Prom, Pageant & Formal Wear on Ramsey Street.
Kathy has served on many boards and commissions. Kathy was appointed by the Governor to be on the board of the North Carolina Youth Council and Military Affairs Commission (MAC). She is also very active in the Fayetteville-Cumberland Youth Council, reactivated in 2014.
Kathy is committed to her city; she is a member of Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church, the Junior League of Fayetteville, the Military Officers Wives Association, the Daughters of Penelope, and the Women's Giving Circle. Her care and commitment to her neighbors and citizens of north Fayetteville are visible every day.
Kathy and Jerry's family consists of Jeremiah Jensen of Columbia, S.C., Jillian Jensen Jez of Black Hawk, S.D., and Jake, Josh, James, and Dakhari of the home.